Franschhoek is one of South Africa’s top destinations and comes highly recommended as one of the stops to make on an African tour.
Franschhoek and the surrounding area is so rich in history and culture being one of the oldest towns in the region it really is a must see.
Today Franschhoek is well known for its award winning wines, restaurants and amazing venues. A true haven for connoisseurs of fine food and wine, there is just so much to enjoy. With its friendly small village atmosphere Franschhoek has a number of delightful art and design shops, as well as offering you the Huguenot Museum or the famous Franschhoek Motor Museum. Take a short stroll down the main road from La Fontaine you will be in the heart of Franschhoek village with a buzz of cafes, shops, restaurants and more historical sites.
- Book a private tour through the winelands and surrounds with Oyster Collection Travel and Tours.
- Explore the village of Franschhoek by bicycle. Available from reception.
- Enjoy one of Kim’s famous cocktails whilst relaxing around one of La Fontaine’s two swimming pools.
- The Franschhoek Wine Tram: www.winetram.co.za
- Catch a movie at our new Franschhoek Theatre – www.franschhoektheatre.co.za
- A round of golf at Pearl Valley: https://pearlvalley.co.za/the-golf-course
- Take a trip to the Franschhoek Motor Museum: www.fmm.co.za
- Go hiking in the Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve: http://www.montrochellehiking.co.za
- Try a local craft beer at one of our local breweries: www.franschhoekbeerco.co.za or www.tuktukbrew.com
- Take a Brew Hopper Tour to cover all three micro breweries: www.brewhopper.co.za
- Do a chocolate tasting tour at our local chocolatier: www.huguenotchocolates.com
- Cheetah Outreach at Grande Provence: www.cheetah.co.za/co_
- Savour some of the best coffee in the valley: www.terbodorecoffee.co.za/visit-us/cape-winelands-franshhoek